It’s common knowledge that a crooked or gapped smile may make someone feel self-conscious. But there’s more that Invisalign in Windermere can do for you than just boost your self-esteem. You may reap many oral health benefits from a straighter smile. The clear, easy straightening system is just an extra perk! Learn more about what you can really gain from a straight smile with the Invisalign system
The Many Benefits of Straighter Teeth
Even professional associations like the American Dental Association have found reports that support the idea that straighter teeth improve your mouth in many ways—not just by making it more attractive either. Alignment and bite issues, such as crowded, overlapped teeth or gaps can make dental hygiene at home more difficult than it must be. Bad dental hygiene increases the chances of developing uncomfortable, smile-diminishing health concerns.
But, with a straighter smile with the help of a cosmetic dentist in Windermere, you’ll benefit in 6 amazing ways:
- Give Yourself a Boost of Self-Esteem—When your teeth aren’t straight, you often hide your smile or feel less than confident speaking in front of other people. With a straighter smile, you won’t be able to stop showing off your teeth.
- Improve Oral Hygiene—As mentioned above, when teeth overlap it becomes easier for bacteria to become trapped between the teeth. This can lead to a multitude of dental problems. Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean for healthier teeth.
- Promote Overall Health—Little do many patients know, their systematic health is directly linked to the state of their mouth. When gum disease and tooth decay are present, the bacteria in the mouth can travel to other parts of the body like the brain or heart. Improve your overall and oral health with a straighter smile.
- Healthy Gums—Large spaces in the teeth or overcrowding causes caring for the spaces between teeth to be more difficult. As a result, gum disease can develop, causing pain, inflammation, and even tooth loss. By fixing the spacing of the teeth, the gums seal the teeth, reducing the risk for gum disease. Remember, healthy gums are the foundation to a healthy smile!
- Prevent Tooth Injuries—Protruding teeth that are misaligned are more prone to injury. When an accident takes place, it’s because they will take the brunt of the impact. Properly aligned teeth have more protection in the event of an accident.
- Reduce Abnormal Wearing of the Teeth—When teeth aren’t straight, it can cause certain areas of the teeth to suffer from abnormal wear and tear. Over time, this causes damage to enamel, the protective layer of your teeth. With the proper alignment of the teeth and bite, you’ll have functioning teeth to preserve your tooth enamel.
It’s amazing to think of all the ways that a simple straightening treatment like Invisalign can do for you! Learn more from your dentist in Windermere.
About Our Office
Here at Windermere Dentistry, we offer Invisalign as the most beneficial way to achieve a straighter smile. After a consultation, we’ll create a customized treatment plan with personalized aligners to shift your smile. The best part is you can’t even tell you’re wearing it! If you’re ready to improve your smile, feel free to give our office a call.