A lot can happen in 2 to 5 years. In that timespan some people complete college. Others may find the love of their life and get married. And still others may change jobs a few times. Would you want to be confined to metal braces for that period of time? If you could have straight teeth and the smile you’ve always desired in less time, wouldn’t you prefer that? Of course, you would. That’s why the expert on Invisalign in Windermere is offering you a better way to reach your goals.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear braces are BPA-free plastic trays custom made to fit your teeth. They offer an alternative to traditional metal braces, which involve chunks of metal wires being inserted into your mouth.
How the Process Works
The steps to getting the smile you’ve always wanted are simple.
- The Initial Consultation – The process begins with a visit to your dentist to discuss your desired smile, and to make sure that Invisalign is right for you.
- Key Measurements – The next step, also done during the first visit, is to have pictures, X-rays and impressions taken of your teeth, to ensure that your trays will be perfectly designed to accommodate your desired look.
- The Fitting – When your Invisalign braces are ready, you will return to your dentist to be fitted. There may be a slight difference in your speech, but your mouth and teeth will soon adjust.
- Changing Trays – You will switch trays every 2 weeks to continue the adjustment process, and visit your dentist every 6-8 weeks for a progress check.
It’s important that you wear your Invisalign braces at least 22 hours a day to get the results you desire.
Clear Advantages of Invisalign
- Treatment Time – One of the great advantages of Invisalign is that treatment time is typically shorter than that of traditional braces. The latter can take from 2-5 years to complete while the former is normally completed in around 12 months. The exact time depends on the severity of your condition at the start of your treatment.
- A Discreet Look – You don’t want the whole world to know that you are fitted with braces, so Invisalign allows you to maintain your dignity while wearing its clear plastic trays. This is quite different from traditional braces with metal chunks and wires.
- Convenience – Invisalign braces are removable. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about damaging them when you eat, which is a common concern with traditional braces.
- Oral Hygiene – Because you can remove your plastic trays, you can better clean your teeth by brushing and flossing. There is quite a different experience when wearing traditional braces, as brushing is altered, and picks must be substituted for flossing.
The only thing left to do now is smile with the confidence that you deserve to have. You don’t have to live in shame any more. From the moment you receive your Invisalign clear braces, you are on the fast track to a newer, better version of yourself.
About the Author
Matthew McKissock, DMD, FAGD earned his undergraduate degree from The Citadel, and then went on to earn his Doctorate from the University of Florida’s College of Dentistry. Dr. McKissock also received intensive cosmetic training at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, the premier postgraduate institution for cosmetic dental training. He practices at Windermere Dentistry and can be reached for more information through his website.